HEARTBURN DURING PREGNANCY
Heartburn during pregnancy sucks. There's no other way to put it! The fire inside comes all hours of the day! It can disrupt sleep, eating and everyday fun! So what's a girl to do?
WHY DO YOU GET HEARTBURN DURING PREGNANCY?
During pregnancy, hormones cause the valve connecting the stomach and esophagus to relax. This means the valve doesn't properly close allowing stomach acid to rise into the esophagus. Ouch!
HOW TO COPE WITH PREGNANCY HEARTBURN
- Eat frequent small meals
- Wait at least an hour to lie down after eating
- Avoid foods that make it worse for you. Often spicy foods!
- Try a glass of milk or yogurt.
- Some women report papaya enzymes help. Clear with your health care provider first.
- Ask your Doctor which other the counter medicines are safe during pregnancy.
Metro Detroit's pregnancy, birth and parenting blog for Southeast Michigan families.
YOUR BIRTH. YOUR BABY. OUR SUPPORT,